Sunday, October 18, 2009

A birthday gift from Stephanie

This year I received my gift from Stephanie in England. It arrived well before my birthday but I didn't get to the post office to pick it up until after I came back home from my trip to London. I got quite excited on my way back home from the post office seeing the return address on the big box was Stephanie's. I had sent her an crazy exchange once and the return exchange she sent back was so beautifully stitched and finished.

Once I opened my gift I was in for a special surprise. I couldn't believe my own eyes, the box was filled with lots of small packets, everything wrapped individually. And whow, Stephanie well and truly spoiled me at my birthday, so many stitching treats.

Stephanie had stitched me not one but 5 items. She chose to stitch from Autumn Leaves by the Prairie Schooler. She made me a beautiful pinkeep, a needlebook, a scissor fob and two thread keepers. Everything is so beautifully stitched and finished, those items are just perfect. Here is a picture of the stitched items.
Stitched beauties from Stephanie

And the box was filled with extra goodies. I received 2 lovely fabric pieces, 2 pieces of cotton fabric for finishing and another piece of fleece fabric. Some monster magnets, 2 blocks of chocolate, lots of ribbons, a lovely orange thread, some thicker ribbons, some pins for finishing, metal rings, a beautiful floral box that I put my ribbons in. And lots of balloons, some birthday candles and confetti. Here is a picture.
Bd goodies from Stephanie

And this wasn't all as Stephanie also sent me 3 patterns from my wish list. Alphabeth Pumpkin by JBW Designs, Christmas Biscornu by Just Nan and Where Stitchers Gather by The Victoria Sampler. And she also sent the threads and embellishments needed for Where Stitchers Gather.
Charts from Stephanie

Words can't really describe the feeling I felt when I had opened all my gifts and saw all this stitching stash sitting in front of me. I was overwhelmed, thank you ever so much Stephanie. You have made my birthday very special this year and I wish I could give you a hug and thank you properly. I really love my birthday gift from you, I am truly being spoiled by you. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

No comments: